To do list? Check. Latte? Check. Event timeline? Check. Vendors on speed dial? Check.
We’ve compiled a list of sure signs that you’re an event planner, check them out below:
1. You can put out fires, check guests in, email, text, write an impromptu thank you speech for the guest of honor, stay on schedule, and rearrange décor, all while wearing heels and not spilling your coffee–it’s called multitasking.
2. You know all about the secret hot spots and venues around town before other people know about them.
Seriously - some of them aren’t even listed!
3. All of a sudden, strangers become your best friend, so they can get on the guest list.
4. You’re disgusted when designers don’t know the difference between cerulean and teal, eggshell and ecru, pomegranate and maroon.
5. When your friends ask what you’re doing for the weekend, your response is:
6. You have ZERO respect for those who do not RSVP.
Is it that hard to RSVP?
7. Your best and most creative ideas come at the most inopportune times.
8. When party crashers arrive – you immediately transform into security.
9. Your instant reaction to carnations, and live fish centerpieces is:
Just give the fish a chance at life, okay?
10. It worries you when the catering director doesn’t know the difference between a Fleur-de-lis fold and Rose fold.
They’re completely different.
11. You’ve got a subscription to Biz Bash, have seen just about every episode of Four Weddings, My Fair Wedding with David Tutera, and Say Yes to the Dress, and you’re not ashamed to admit it.
Well, maybe you’re just a little ashamed.
12. You have a pre-event speech to your team, and it’s simple, poignant and motivational.
13. When you attend a tasting, if the food is delicious – and there’s champagne, you yell out:
We mustn’t forget the champagne.
15. Apparently, you have one of the most stressful jobs in America, but you hadn’t noticed because you get to be fabulous all day.